Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Morning Hugs



Is there a better way to start the morning than with morning hugs? This morning I drove to my friend’s house to begin the summer morning walk ritual. I meet M and K and their 4 children and we walk, talk, plan and retrieve dropped items for an hour 3 or 4 days a week. This morning I pulled up and slid out of my car. I heard, “It’s Amy. Go give her hugs.” I am soon surrounded by a 2 year old, a 3 year old and 4 year old while my knees are encircled by six small arms. The 1 year old is securely strapped into the stroller but he still waves and beams at me with his ever present smile. What a welcome!

For more Slices check out TwoWritingTeachers.wordpress.com.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Having a friend to walk with is so motivating! I need to convince my neighbor that we need to start doing this again.

Thinking Aloud said...

No, there is no better way. Do you get them when you depart as well?